1. Find and read the following cases from the Research Toolbox from your left navigation bar
City of Everett Washington v.Mitchell, 631 P.2d 366, Web 1981 Wash. Lexis 1139 Supreme Court of Washington.
Welles v. Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, Web 2004 U.S.Dist. Lexis (2004) United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Mesaros v.United States, 845 F.2d 1576, Web 1988 U.S.App Lexis 6055, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Check the Legal Cases tab if you have trouble findng the cases on the internet or ask our wonderful librarian to help you. See Discussion Board for how to communicate with her.
2. Answer the following questions:
3. Post your answer ander the Discussion Board forum ” Week 4: Contract Cases.”
4. Reply to at least two of your classmates.
1. Find and read the following cases from the Research Toolbox link from your left navigation bar
2. Answer the following questions
3. Reply to at least two of your classmates.
Part A–do parts (1) and (2).
1. Provide examples of a PATENT, TRADEMARK AND COPYRIGHT.
Post the example on the Discussion Board. You might find an example right in your home or office. Look around.
2. Give a brief summary of the facts and court’s holding in a recent case (no more than 5 years old) dealing with one of these subjects (patents, trademark and copyright) Do you agree with the court’s decision?
AND DO PART B below as well!!!
1. Post some current legal case or article or problem that is being confronted with the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (DUET). Answer as well:
Were there any objections to the Act’s passage?
What implications are there for trademarks, patents and copyrights with internet use.
Is there any protection for the patent ,trademark or copyright holder? If so, what were they?
2. Reply to at least two of your classmates.
FYI: Make sure you answer both parts A & B.