Educational psychology serves as the bridge between theory and practice in our classrooms. Best practices in the classroom stem from the research and developed theories about how we learn and behave which is the driving force that guides how we teach, motivate, and assess our students. The research of educational psychology is what supports our continually improvement in what constitutes effective teaching and learning.
In Chapter 1 of the text, Table 1.1 displays core INTASC principles that reflect the characteristics of a competent teacher. Be sure to use the text to support your response.
a. Select two of the ten principles and discuss how you currently exhibit these principles. Why might the two selected principles be considered essential elements of teaching?
b. Select two of the ten principles and discuss why they reflect areas of needed growth as you work towards becoming an educator. What will you do to improve these areas?
LeFrançois, G. (2011). Psychology for teaching
(11th ed.). San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
Chapter 1: Psychology for Teaching
Welcome to your first class discussion! Discussion posts are a great way to reflect on what you’ve learned so far in the class and to connect it with your personal experiences.
Below are some tips to help you succeed with your first discussion! In addition to reading these tips, review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for more information about what I’ll be looking for in your discussion responses.
For this discussion response:
· Take a look at the core INTASC principles discussed in our text
· Identify two of the core INTASC principles that you already use in your teaching at home or professionally or in your relationships with others
· Provide examples of how you currently use these two principles and explain why the two principles you use are essential elements in teaching
· Identify two of the core INTASC principles that you could improve on and explain what you will do to improve in these areas
· Review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric to understand the criteria that will be used to evaluate your posts
Be sure to:
· Clearly state your answer to each question.
· Provide evidence for your answers. (You can use quotes from scholarly sources and personal or professional experiences.)
· Review your post for grammatical errors.
Also, I have provided a document template to help you as you complete this discussion post. You can find it by clicking the Doc Sharing button in the upper right of this course. You should be able to download the template.