Ethical Considerations of Scientific Research
By completing this assignment, the student will
Describe examples of violations of human rights during the conduct of scientific research;
Describe codes that seek to assure protection of human subjects of scientific research.
Scientific research that violated the rights of human subjects.
Tuskegee Syphilis Study – U.S. Public Health Service
Answer the following questions on
Describe in detail the nature of the research, including the following.
1) the research population
2) the experimental treatment
3) the dates and length of the research
4) the short-term and long-term effects on the human subjects
5) the circumstances that ended the research.
In addition to selecting a research study.
1) Describe the circumstances that led to its development.
2) Describe the components of the document.