Week 2: THIS WEEK (Reconstruction and the West)
Start with the TOPIC OVERVIEW for an introduction to this week’s reading/topic. Then:
Reading Assignment: I will provide chapters from text only use information from text book no outside infomation allowed
plagarism report needed original words!! use correct format has to be an original response
- Foner, Give Me Liberty, Chapter 15 & 16
- Foner, Voices of Freedom, Chapter 15 & 16
- Petition of Black Residents of Nashville (1865)
- Petition of Committee on Behalf of the Freedmen to Andrew Johnson (1865)
- The Mississippi Black Code (1865)
- A Sharecropping Contract (1866)
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton, “Home Life” (ca. 1875)
- Frederick Douglass, “The Composite Nation” (1869)
- Robert B. Elliott on Civil Rights (1874)
- *Jorgen and Otto Jorgensen, Homesteading in Montana (1908)
- These documents from Chapter 17 of Voices may also be helpful for thinking about race and the New South:
- *Booker T. Washington, Address at the Atlanta Cotton Exposition (1895)
- *W. E. B. Du Bois, A Critique of Booker T. Washington (1903)
- Ida B. Wells, Crusade for Justice (ca. 1892)
Discussion Topic: Submit both an original response to each forum and a reaction/response post to each forum (four posts total). Responses should include specific evidence from both your textbook reading and from the primary sources. The original responses should be posted no later than 11:59 p.m. Wednesday. Response/Reaction posts are due no later than 11 p.m. Sunday. No exceptions.
This post is in two forums â€“ youâ€ll need original and reaction posts for BOTH:
- Reconstruction and the South: Was Reconstruction, when examined as a whole, a success? Why or why not? Be sure to include specific references from the text, documents, and other materials you looked at this week.
- The West: What did freedom mean to native peoples and how did that conflict with the interests and values of most white Americans in the second half of the 19th century? What did white Americans want? How did they see native peopes? How did different groups of natives (there is variation in their reactions) respond to white encroachment?
- In your response, be sure to note that different native peoples responded in different ways (use the tribes names when talking about specific groups).
InQuizitive: Assignments due at 11 p.m. Sunday.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post help with american history 2 appeared first on The Nursing Hub.
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"