1.) A simple gas has an initial volume of 22.8 L at a pressure of 1.65 atm. If the sample is compressed to a volume of 10.7 L, what is its pressure? (Assume constant temperature).
2.) A syringe containing 1.55 mL of oxygen gas is cooled from 95.3Â°C to 0.0Â°C . What is the final volume of the oxygen gas?
3.) A bag of potato chips contains 585 mL of air at 25Â°C and a pressure of 765 mm Hg. Assuming the bag does not break, what will be its volume at the top of a mountain where the pressure id 442 mm Hg and the temperature is 5.0Â°C?
4.) What is the temperature of 0.52 mol of gas at a pressure of 1.3 atm and a volume of 11.8 L?
5.) A gas mixture contains each gas at the indicated partial pressure. CO2 422 mm Hg Ar 102 mm Hg O2 165 mm Hg H2 52 mm Hg What is the total pressure of the mixture?
6.) The oxygen gas emitted from an aquatic plant during photosynthesis is collected over water at 25Â°C and a total pressure of 753 torr. What is the partial pressure of the oxygen gas?
Answer the ff. problems in proper scientific notations, significant figures, and units. All calculations must be done in proper scientific notation. Any unit conversions must be shown.
1. Use Boyleâ€s Law to complete the table (assume temperature and number of moles of gas to be constant).
755 mm Hg
709 mm Hg
2. A 0.48-mol sample of helium gas occupies a volume of 11.7 L. what is the volume of 0.72mol of helium gas under the same conditions?
3. Use the combined gas law (Boyleâ€s & Charles gas laws) to complete the table (assume the number of moles of gas to be constant).
4. Use the ideal gas law to complete the table
5.71 x 10â»á¶¾ mol
5. The oxygen has emitted from an aquatic plant during photosynthesis is collected over water at25Â°C and a total pressure of 753 torr. What is the partial pressure of the oxygen gas?
6. A scuba diver breathing normal air descends to 100 m of depth, where the total pressure is 11 atm. What is the partial pressure of oxygen that the diver experiences at this depth? Is the diver in danger of experiencing the oxygen toxicity?
7. A clean dry crucible and cover has a mass of 0.15297hg. If 0.9643 x 10â»Â¹ Oz. of a hydrate were heated in the crucible to eliminate 0.0000234 mol of H2O
a.) What would be the mass of the remaining anhydrate be?
b.) what would be the % of water?
c.) What would the molar ratio be of water to hydrate?
8 Create and balance a Double Replacement Precipitation Reaction and write the complete Total Ionic Reaction and Net Ionic Reaction noting the spectator ions as well.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post help with homework assignement first year chemistry appeared first on My Nursing Experts.