How does cognitive development occur? Many attempts have been made to accurately describe children’s cognitive development, and one of the most widely used is Jean Piaget’s theory. According to Piaget, children go through a series of four stages of cognitive development.
In this assignment, you will use a scenario to explain Piaget’s four stages of cognitive development.
Perform the following tasks:
· Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lesson before attempting this assignment.
· Review the scenario to answer the questions.
you are going to make cookies with the help of four children. Charlie is 2 years old, Penelope is 6, Isabelle is 9, and Brian is 11.
· Use this document to answer the questions.
· Your responses (approximately 250 words) must have correct spelling and grammar.
· Submit Week 7 Assignment via Blackboard by clicking on the “Week 7 Assignment” link.
· Include the proper file naming convention: PSY101H_wk7_assn_jsmith_mmddyyyy.
Note: See the Written Assignment Rubric for a review of writing expectations.
|Identify the developmental stage of each child according to Piaget.||15|
|Provide an accurate description of each developmental stage according to Piaget.||20|
|Assignment is free of spelling and grammar errors.||5|
Imagine you are going to make cookies with the help of four children. Charlie is 2 years old, Penelope is 6, Isabelle is 9, and Brian is 11.
1. Based upon Piaget’s four stages of cognitive development, how will each child help you in making cookies? For instance, will one child be able to assist in pouring flour into a bowl, whereas another child will simply play with the flour?
2. Identify the developmental stage of each child and describe how each child will assist in making cookies based upon their developmental stage.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Piaget’s Four Stages of Cognitive Development appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.